Are you a pastor or Bible worker?
What is your level of interest?
OPTION 1 — SENDING is for those who are supportive but have limited time and availability.
An Option 1 supporter might say, “I want to empower and send laypeople to start new Simple Church locations. But once they ‘go,’ I need to stay focused on my own pastoral responsibilities. In other words, I am not able to be responsible for training or coaching once I send them. I will need the Simple Church Network to take it from there.”
If you want to help recruit and encourage leaders to seek out the Simple Church ministry as a good use for their spiritual gifts, please participate in the steps below. Then the Simple Church network will take full responsibility for training, mentoring and coaching the lay people you send. Thank you for empowering volunteers to be front line missionaries.
- Read “What do I do now?” (bottom of page)
- Contact Milton
OPTION 2 — JOURNEYING is for those who wish to journey with the Simple Church Planters they send.
An Option 2 supporter might say, “I want to empower and send laypeople to start new Simple Church locations, and I also want to know how they are doing, and be able to share updates with our sisterhood of churches.” Option 2 links you with planter via an “Supportive Pastor” Simple Church account. You will be able to:
- Read weekly online reports from those you support.
- Prayer for their Simple Church missionary work.
- Support and defend them if others are tempted to criticize their missionary work.
- Share updates with the sisterhood of local churches.
The Simple Church network will work alongside you as we train those who want to plant Simple Churches. You will team up with a Simple Church coach to provide mentorship along the way. Here’s what you can do to get started:
- Read “What do I do now?” (bottom of page)
- Watch Upside Down Leadership (20 min.)
- Watch Institutions vs. Cooperative Collaboration by Clay Shirky (20 min.) This is a challenging description of how the rules are changing in the world—and how that can in turn change the church.
- Watch Holy Discontent (42 min.)
- Contact Milton to let him know you will be assisting Simple Church as a supporting Pastor.
OPTION 3 — LAUNCHING PAD is for those who are willing to tithe-the-attendance. The focuse is on Kingdom growth and expansion.
An Option 3 supporter might say, “I would like to meet with laypeople one evening a week to help them complete PhaseONE training. Then when they start PhaseTWO, I will repeat the PhaseONE training with another group of Simple Church planters.” Option 3 links you with planter via an “Supportive Pastor” Simple Church account. You will be able to:
- View network summaries and read weekly online reports.
- Interceed on the planters behalf when others are tempted to criticize this church planting work.
- Participate in quarterly fusion gatherings, which are like family reunion for Simple Churches in geographical proximity of each other.
Here’s an outline of your part in the process:
- Invite people interested in church planting to sign up for a 10-week training course (max 8 people).
- Meet midweek in a home for 8-10 weeks.
- Watch the Simple Church webinar together.
- Watch PhaseONE Training together.
- Divide the group into Simple Church planting teams of 3-4 adults.
- Conclude your weekly meetings by planning a simple commissioning service. This is a time when the church family gathers around these missionaries for a commissioning prayer, sending them to the front lines with their blessing. This signals that they will be starting PhaseTWO Training in a home on Sabbath morning and will soon be launching a new Simple Church plant.
- Provide Milton with the contact information for one person in each of the CORE planting teams of 3-4 people. He will connect them with a Simple Church coach who will help them set up their website accounts to access PhaseTWO training.
- After this stage is complete, it can begin again with new missionaries to coach and commission! We can truly send out an army of missionaries to combat loneliness, disillusionment and hopelessness.
The training to get started as an Option 3 Coach can begin right here:
- Go through the training elements of Option 1 and 2
- Watch The DNA of Movements (7 min.)
- Watch 3ABN Simple Church Interview (58 min.)
- Download and read Dr. Russell Burrill’s dissertation, Recovering an Approach to the Life & Mission of the Local Church.
- Contact Milton to schedule a Simple Church Training workshop. So far Simple Churhc is able to provide this at no cost to you or your local church.
OPTION 4 — TRANSITION is for those interested in transitioning from a conventional pastor to a Simple Church planter and coach.
An Option 4 supporter might say, “One of my long-term goals is to transition from conventional pastoring to Simple Church Network Development, which includes planting a Simple Church as a missionary minded layperson.”
Due to the long-term transition and dynamics involved in Option 4, please contact Milton for more information. Together we will explore what is involved in this kind of transition.
Option 4 includes:
- Go through the training elements of Option 1, 2, and 3
- Read Dr. Milton Adams’ Dissertation
- Read Biblical Leadership in a Developing Global Culture
- Read Game-Changers: New Normals and How They Are Impacting the Church
I've chosen my option. What do I do now?
What do I do now?
1st Priority: Raise Awareness
- Bulletins—Every week, put the SimpleChurchAtHome.com website in your bulletin and specifically invite people who are interested in learning more to talk with you personally.
- Newsletters—In every church newsletter, insert the Simple Church logo or website URL. (Contact Milton for various logo sizes and colors)
- Website—If you want a customized logo for your church or personal website, contact Milton.
2nd Priority: Create a healthy church planting climate within your own church so your congregation can grow to understand that healthy churches “give birth” to further missionary movements.
Remember: The fruits of an apple true are both apples (people) and more apple trees (more churches).
Church Administrators click here.
“As our society approaches a post-institutional era it’s entirely possible the near monopoly that the church has enjoyed over faithful expressions and religious connections may be coming to an end. The activities of the dechurched may be ushering in a new understanding of what religious activity means. If this trend continues, it will fundamentally reshape the way Americans experience organized religion” p. 69.