Are There Wrong Reasons for Planting a Simple Church?
You want to start your own house church? That’s great! But keep in mind this is a commitment that takes your whole heart. If any of the following items are part of the motivation to plant a new worship and study group, we pray you carefully reevaluate.
- I don’t like our pastor.
- I don’t like the music in our church.
- I’m having some theological questions and want to try out my own methods.
- I don’t like traveling so far to church.
- I don’t want to be accountable.
- I want to keep my tithe and offerings; I need them for my own expenses.
- I just want to worship God.
While some of these reasons don’t sound particularly bad, overall they represent a self-centered religious consumerism.
Good reasons to plant a Simple Church? To reach the unreached people with the Everlasting Gospel. Simple Church is front-line missionary work, not an “escape” from your current church situation.